We don’t often give a lot of thought to our teeth, when in fact they’re a fascinating part of our body. Here are a few interesting facts about teeth.
- Teeth are actually living flesh, filled with blood vessels and nerves.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
- Teeth start to form in the womb before birth.
- 5 million teeth are lost each year due to sports injuries.
- Women smile an average of 62 times per day, but men only smile an average of 8 times.
- The average flosser uses 122 yards of floss every year.
- There are about 2500 bristles on a typical toothbrush.
- The average American spends 38.5 days brushing every year.
- Everyone has a different “tongue-print.”
One of our not-so-positive facts: tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among children. If you are exhibiting symptoms of tooth decay, contact A Beautiful Smile at Lake Pointe today.